New to the game questions

By Alucardz23, in Star Wars: Rebellion

My friend bought rebellion with the expansion. And we r playing with the expansion rules. This is the first time we playing this game.

I have a few questions regarding this game:

Q1: when either player initiates combat. We understand we play the advanced tactic card. After that we roll diced. Do we simultaneously roll dice together or each roll separately?

Q2: if we roll dice separately. Does the first player get to keep his save hit rolls to negate the next persons attack hits?

Q3: for the rebels there is an advanced tactic card called Deployment. In a situation when he plays it, do we skip the space round or do we add an additional ground battle. And if we do an additional ground battle, do we choose another advanced tactic card before rolling dices?

Q4: when either player plays a mission, and the opposing player puts a leader. And if we roll equal to hits, does the player who played the mission win the mission?

On 8/24/2019 at 1:49 PM, Alucardz23 said:

My friend bought rebellion with the expansion. And we r playing with the expansion rules. This is the first time we playing this game.

I have a few questions regarding this game:

Q1: when either player initiates combat. We understand we play the advanced tactic card. After that we roll diced. Do we simultaneously roll dice together or each roll separately?

Q2: if we roll dice separately. Does the first player get to keep his save hit rolls to negate the next persons attack hits?

Q3: for the rebels there is an advanced tactic card called Deployment. In a situation when he plays it, do we skip the space round or do we add an additional ground battle. And if we do an additional ground battle, do we choose another advanced tactic card before rolling dices?

Q4: when either player plays a mission, and the opposing player puts a leader. And if we roll equal to hits, does the player who played the mission win the mission?

Welcome to this awesome game 🙂

Q1: No, the attacker always rolls first, decides how to use its dice, assign damage, and then the defender does the same. In fact, there is one advanced tactic card of each type for each faction that let you change the order of the attacks to make the defender roll first. The benefit of this is that the player rolling second has more chance of using the lightsaber's crossed icon to remove damage.

Q2: No, the icons that you don't use are lost.

Q3: you don't skip the space battle. You play it as normal and then you play the ground combat as normal, but the rebels will have 1 additional trooper because of the card's effect.

Q4: In case of a tie the player attempting the mission fails it. The exact rule is this:
"If the player attempting the mission obtains more successes than his opponent, the mission succeeds; proceed to step 6. Otherwise, the mission fails, and the ability on the card is not performed; skip to step 7."

Tks for the answers... If I got any more questions, I will post here again.