The “Sure wish I could be playing this now,” Thread

By GrandAdmiralCrunch, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

I ordered from CSI who shipped it via FedEx Ground. I could drive down to Orlando and back in an afternoon, but It is going to take Fedex a week to ship this package. They are sitting on till later this week.

I’ve worked in shipping and receiving, and I know that UPS will get any package sent in state to its recipient the next day. I loath Fedex; I think even the USPS would have had it to me by now.

Sorry... had to vent. Anyone else out there have the waiting blues?

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch

That sucks. I’ve got a 12 hour shift between me and my first game tomorrow, hopefully it won’t drag on forever with the anticipation...

I bought mine on eBay late last Thursday, and the seller didn’t ship until yesterday, and through FedEx. All this to say I will not get it likely until Tuesday ... I am excited to play, but not certain the extra 10 days was worth the $20 I saved. FWIW, I did try two local stores before buying online.

I'm still waiting for mine because I pre-ordered it from MM along with the game mat, and if I cancel the game mat from my pre-order and order the mat separately, then I won't get free shipping on the mat.

Once it does ship, though, I'll get it the next day via FedEx because I live just 3 hours away from MM.

I’m debating whether to wait it out or split up my order. The lack of any news about when the mat will be released is frustrating.

7 hours ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

I'm still waiting for mine because I pre-ordered it from MM along with the game mat, and if I cancel the game mat from my pre-order and order the mat separately, then I won't get free shipping on the mat.

Once it does ship, though, I'll get it the next day via FedEx because I live just 3 hours away from MM.

You might rethink this. The mat is still in development according to FFG and has an unknown release date at this time....

1 hour ago, jddilfer said:

You might rethink this. The mat is still in development according to FFG and has an unknown release date at this time....

You can’t trust the Upcoming page. At all. According to FFG Customer Service, the mat was supposed to be released alongside the game but was delayed. The game developers say that the mat should be released very soon. I expect it to be within the next few weeks.

On 6/24/2019 at 5:47 PM, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

You can’t trust the Upcoming page. At all. According to FFG Customer Service, the mat was supposed to be released alongside the game but was delayed. The game developers say that the mat should be released very soon. I expect it to be within the next few weeks.

I'll take that optimism. I did break up my preorder so I could receive the game sooner, but I have several items on hold at Game Nerdz that I'm planning to ship with the game mat. Hopefully it comes out soon.

Man, I got the game on release, played 2 games and just love. It’s fantastic, but I haven’t had time to play again, life, renovations and what not. Just really itching to play it again.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:39 AM, Ywingscum said:

Man, I got the game on release, played 2 games and just love. It’s fantastic, but I haven’t had time to play again, life, renovations and what not. Just really itching to play it again.

I did two solo dry runs (no AI, just learning the rules to teach), and played for the first time Saturday night with a full table. I REALLY enjoyed it and so did everyone else. Even when the game completed at 10 Fame everyone was close to it, no lower than seven.

It's ripe for new board tiles, pilots, and ships so I'm looking forward to seeing what expansions come along.

I'm thinking of trying some magnetic alterations of the Reputation sliders to keep them in place better, when I find the time.

Ive been able to play twice and have already sold a copy of it beyond the one i bought. Your welcome FFG! Love the game!!!

Just finished our first game. Aside from not having many ways to slow down players who are pulling ahead, I loved it!