Legend of the Burning sands IP, who owns it?

By LBSfan, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but what do we know about the Legend of the Burning sands IP? I see the new fiction book but it seems only partially burning sands? Any facts, speculation ? Thanks!

13 hours ago, LBSfan said:

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but what do we know about the Legend of the Burning sands IP? I see the new fiction book but it seems only partially burning sands? Any facts, speculation ? Thanks!

Apparently the LBS card IP was retained by AEG so they can't use elements directly from that game but the overall concept of the burning sands was part of the deal so they can use the name and adapt as required.

IIRC, FFG got anything published in L5R books. The Unicorn book(s?) gave a general description of the Burning Sands and the Ujik-hai etc, but the dozen factions in Medinat-al-Salaam were only ever described in LBS material, so are not available.

Thanks fellas!

Also apparently the Ivory Kingdoms, heavily featured in the last years of oL5R (Rokugan even got a colony there!) is part of nL5R, as it's been referenced now and then.