Rochester/Buffalo Tourney

By chriscook, in Battle Reports

Has a great experience at this weekends tourney, only 9 players (6 Empire, 3 Rebs) but this late in summer with nice weather kinda hurts attendance. Met some great guys and rolled lots of dice and killed things. My son Luke and I both went 3-0 but he edged me out on SOS, which is fine, its really the best way to do it and most fair. Besides he destroyed all his enemies by round 4 or 5.

1st) The classic Veers, 6 DLTs, 3 Bikes . This is very tough and will be interesting to see if you want to pull out 2 groups of stormies for the scout troopers when they come out. FFG has to be careful not to make this game all about trooper spams which without question is the best way to go with both factions in the early state of the game. They need to have more objectives that hurt troopers (evaporators does not do this BTW) and they need the eweb and scouts to have enough firepower to warrent not taking the Stormies DLTs. (eweb does not look very strong with the amount of dice it gets)

2nd) Luke- enviro gear, reflect Leia- grapples, esteemed leader (which I always forget to use) 2x Fleet troopers w/ scatter gun(1 group with grapples) 2x Troops, extra dude, gatlin gun, 4 man troop group, 2 ATRT w/ Laser canon . I LOVE FLEET TROOPERS!! 2x during the tourney I rolled 10 hits. With Leias Sorrows card I am able to push them up into striking distance and unload and doge. I was Blue player most of the time by choice and played the 4 corners deployment 2x by choice. I really like that one vs peeps that I outactivate.

Edited by chriscook