Fire Caverns - Solo Series

By Crusaderlord, in Descent Quest Vault Open Beta

I finally got around to writing up and publishing my Fire Caverns scenario. Apologies for the long delay but i got side-tracked writing Warhammer Quest Adventure Card scenarios instead.

Sometimes i don't want to wait around for a group of players to be available and just want to grab a couple of new heroes and play a quick dungeon crawl style game.I come from a Warhammer Quest background and do sometimes miss with Descent the style of play where you work through a dungeon with a simple quest to complete and being somewhat unsure of your survival.

So i ended up with one or two quick quest scenarios that i use, originally designed for 2 heroes to try and capture the feel of a dungeon crawl complete with a theme and some special room events, but keeping things relatively simple to play. I have called it a solo series (just to help flag them if i do more) as i have included basic solo rules to operate the overlord. I was deliberately trying not to over complicate this, the aim was to produce a fun quest which i can try out with different hero combinations and just see how things turn out for them, using common sense when required. I have ended up though with extra options that it can be played using the usual overlord rules and also the scenario has additional commentary for changing the difficulty level too. I managed to keep all this to one page (just).

The 3 quests available each can optionally be used with the co-op monster cards from the three co-op packs :

Spiders Lair - optionally uses natures ire cards

Death Keep - optionally uses forgotten soul cards

Fire Caverns - optionally uses dark elements cards