Death Keep (solo series)

By Crusaderlord, in Descent Quest Vault Open Beta

Death Keep is my second solo series quest release after Spiders Lair . Sometimes i don't want to wait around for a group of players to be available and just want to grab a couple of new heroes and play a quick dungeon crawl style game. Also my son likes to play alongside my hero against the monsters rather than against me as the overlord. I come from a Warhammer Quest background (long time ago now) and do sometimes miss with Descent the style of play where you work through a dungeon with a simple quest to complete and being somewhat unsure of your survival.

So i ended up with one or two quick quest scenarios that i use, originally designed for 2 heroes to try and capture the feel of a dungeon crawl complete with a theme and some special room events, but keeping things relatively simple to play. New FFG co-operative packs enabled me to expand these a bit more and ultimately i felt they may merit a release on the quest vault.

Death Keep was originally intended to be the first release in the series as it only requires the core set to play, however the spiders were such an interesting adventure that i play tested that one more often and so it was released first.

The original version 1 contains the optional solo rules for those that want them, i will soon publish a newer version which will remove the solo rules and enable me to add in more theme and text to the adventure.

I hope you enjoy the series. I have one more completed quest called Fiery Caverns which will likely see a release if this one gets some likes.

Really enjoyed this quest and I hope we do get to see Fiery Caverns.

pity its in the "vault.. no matter what I try I cant get into it???... it says im signed in and transferring me.then just goes back to the login screen.looks like I wont be getting it enjoyed the spiders lair by the way !!

pity its in the "vault.. no matter what I try I cant get into it???... it says im signed in and transferring me.then just goes back to the login screen.looks like I wont be getting it enjoyed the spiders lair by the way !!

Do you have the 'remember me' box checked, and cookies enabled in your browser?

• CrusaderLord - fun quest and scenario. The Solo rules were intuitive and added some "unknown" elements. Was fortunate to knock-out the Crypt Dragon with one attach using Hugo the Glorious Heroic Feat (double damage). Looking at Spider's Lair next. Encourage you to build more solo quests - even a campaign.