Nashcon (Nashville, TN area)

By omegalazarus, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Star Wars: Armada tournament! Who's in?

I'm putting together ideas for Nashcon coming up soon and would love to put on an Armada tournament (Swiss style). I need to know what interest there is from the local scene. Who has or plans to have a fleet and would like to play a friendly competitive tourney in May? We will have more space and time than last year's X-Wing tournament (which is why we'll do Swiss so everyone gets in at least a few games) and prizes, of course.

If course, if you don't know, there are tons of other great games at Nashcon while you are there. Come for Armada, stay for the others (40k, Bolt action, flames of war, board games, etc.)

I'm interested in playing at Nashcon, I can't gauge other people's interest as of late because I still have yet to kick off our tournament season here at MTSU. Once I see how that goes it will better prepare me for the local Armada scene. Right now it is a "who even has interest game". Regardless I'll be there.

Yeah, that's what I'm facing, too. I head the public fb group "Galactic Sci-fi league". It's a place for all sci fi minis games for the middle TN area. We have places to play on"neutral ground" etc. Let people know, if you can. This early, we need to get into one place to see how the interest is. I live near the lake, so not too far from The Boro.

NASHCON UPDATE -

Tournament Friday night at Nashcon, Session 1 timeslot (6pm - est. 1230am)

Fleet size - 300pts

Allowed components/expansion packs - Core set, Wave 1

Rnds - 3

Time - 2hrs per round

Breaks - 15min between rounds.

Prizes - Yes, for First and Second Place (though camaraderie is the real prize). Prizes TBD (working with two different sponsors right now)

Disclaimer - If the interwebs are wrong and wave 1 does not ship from major distributors (Coolstuff, Mini Market, FLGS etc.) by Saturday, May 16th, the Tournament will fall under Core Set guidelines. I'll post that if it comes down to it.

Tournament that Sunday as well now!

So Friday and Sunday?