Wooden power tokens for trade and sale

By justfolk, in 5. AGoT Trade Forum

Hey, folks!

I started playing aGoT about 6 months ago, and I've fallen hard. I really love the game, and I've been swag collecting since day one. I noticed a problem, though. There's plenty of house cards, in stone and wood, resin and acrylic and crystal, but for power tokens and coins our choices are sincerely limited. There's the acrylic house tokens that have been out in the wild for a few years, but those didn't satisfy me, leaving me to contact a friend of mine who does laser cutting.

I designed these (pulling on familiar imagery) and had my buddy cut them out to see how they turned out. They are made of Cherry, and have a really good, earthy wooden smell.

These are the first run, and as such I'll be selling them at a prototype price of $15 for 15 tokens, the full price starting with the next run will be $20 for a set.

I am also very, very interested in trades, please see the second post for my wanted list and don't hesitate to send me a message if you've got a trade offer.

Also, I'm happy to say that I would love to work on custom designs with you. If you have an idea, let's hear it. Price for a design will be determined by the complexity, and whether you want to own the design (meaning I can't sell other tokens for profit) or if I will.

So without building it up any more, here's the designs, and a couple notes about my stylistic choices on each design.

Greyjoy

qZodnXC.jpg?1

This was the first design I did of the houses, and I was specifically trying to stray away from the standard greyjoy sigil, which is very symmetrical, with spread tentacles. I went with a more sleek and stylized look. I'm very proud of these tokens, and I'll definitely be keeping a set of these for myself.

Lannister

lDqMHC2.jpg?1

These guys took a lot of deliberation. I was concerned about the mouth, as due to the limitations of the tool, I couldn't include the teeth, which really brought it home, and I almost just resolved to leave the mouth closed, but went instead for an open mouth with no teeth. Feedback is welcome on this design!

Stark

WPh85Lm.jpg?1

This is the only design I never really felt very good about. The howling wolf is a great idea, but I just didn't like the way they came out. I spent a few days on the design, though, and my wife loves it, so I decided to run with it. Again, Feedback welcome! Let me know if you like it, or don't, and what you do or do not like about it.

Baratheon

mThNnZe.jpg?1

These ones I feel really turned out the best. They're not my favorite token (those are saved for last) but they definitely turned out the best. I plan to make a few small tweaks to the prongs, as there's a couple tight spots I'd just like to open up, this design will not be undergoing major changes.

Martell

EEvVWiU.jpg?1

This one is a bit of a pet project for me. Martell is my wife's house, and I aimed for a nice, simple yet intricate design. The core of the sun being separate from the rays makes poking each ray out a huge pain, but it's entirely worth it with this end result of this almost floating ring around the core of the sun. I'm really happy with the result on these guys. Don't expect major redesigns.

Targaryen

MWXaD7M.jpg?1

This is my favorite design. I plan to go and tweak the design a bit, I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out, but as a design I've been super excited about it. Those who feel like it looks familiar, that's because I designed it off of a familiar image. It's designed around the symbol used in card text boxes to indicate Targaryen when referencing other cards. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to recreate it, but it seems to have come along, with a couple personal touches from me as well.

Edited by justfolk

Wanted list:

Stone or wooden house cards, almost any

Martell, Tully or Tyrell swag (Martell playmat especially)

Beric alt art

Non-Baratheon acrylic power tokens

Alt art cards

Metal coins

Tell me what you've got! I'm open to trades outside of what's listed.

Also have for trade:

Greyjoy stone house card (Regionals 2013)

Edited by justfolk

Sales have been going well! Sold out of most houses, will be back in stock next week with version 2

V2 of my tokens will be in Walnut! Just got the first few done and they are Gorgeous!

I'll post pictures as soon as I can!

Teaser pic of walnut! These are unfinished so don't mind the marks. Those all get buffed out before they're up for sale.

Walnut tokens will be available for $20, and will be in stock next week! If you preoder now, however, I'll eat half the shipping cost! $2 shipping to the US, and $4 shipping to Canada! Next week they'll go back up to $5 and $8

uODZ4lK.jpg